Friday, August 16, 2013

Master in Hand!

The last couple of weeks we revisited the album and Adam tweaked a few and remixed a couple and today I happily picked up the final master for replication. Yahoo!! We started the process in April and we are now officially finished production.

In the meantime there is still alot that goes on behind the scenes in preparation for the release. Last Monday I had a photo shoot for the album with Alex Waber who did the photo for 99% and he took some great shots and I also received the final proofs on 4 possibilities today. There is a pensive shot of me in red, gazing downward and I like the feel though the album is a more joyful,  one could anticipate many emotions toward what might happen next in the image. There is also an intense shot of me looking directly into the viewer's eyes I like that one as well.
The graphic designer Gisele from eyeteaser is onboard as well she has done most my cds from Crow onward, her husband Terry did evolution of the blood star. I really like their work. I have started to compile the artwork and still need to take some pics of the cover and work on the credits, lyrics, logo, layout of the cd etc. will send that to her Monday.

I hired a freelancer to update my bio and press release as well this week and already have that in hand. I am outsourcing from fiverr and it is a godsend to indies like me. I hired a claymation animator from Ontario for the song Lightening Strikes twice and wow is it ever great! Very playful and funny that video is all done now. I have another documentary style one on the go for Boy from an American filmmaker and a very young videographer in Mexico is working on Dizzy. I am editing for the conventus video and will hand it over to an astromoner-video editor in Sweden once I compile everything probably at the end of this month. I decided How Would We Know to be the first single released and I am doing a video with Will Stelfox again we are shooting Monday. Will shot and directed Drift Away (nominated for Best Folk Video at Rightouttv awards) and Sprack Chica Boogie. I love his work. I have a couple more filmmakers in the works for 2 more videos. Still deciding on the remaining 3 songs. I have decided to release a video every week following the release of the album for 11 weeks and hence the reason for my major video undertaking. I really love  the project management aspect and relaying my ideas and watching how their ideas and creativity enfolds.

As well I have been talking with press and publicity people this week, planning the marketing campaign as I intend to hire professionals for this album instead of DIYing it. I have done a good job in the past and will do some of the work of course but would someone else to take it to the next level.
I have also been in contact with venues for the cd release and getting the band lined up for rehearsals.

There is much administration to take care of in the next few weeks too, such as registering the works with SOCAN, direct deposit with the library of Canada ( they hunted me down twice when I neglected to send copies of previous albums lol). CDBABY, itunes, bandcamp etc.

And then I have also been updating social media daily with the pre-order campaign the past few weeks. I am proud to say I am at 54% of my goal and so very grateful for all the support for the new album!! Having a list of people who have already purchased the new album without hearing the songs  and trusting they will like my music because they like my past music is huge and means so very much to me.

I did my final newsletter today to my elist and have to say to you dear reader:

The Conventus pre-order campaign is ending in just 4 days and I want to make sure you have a chance to be involved!

For those days when you need a lift, a joy, a smile Conventus will be your cure all, it's emotional, heartfelt and eclectic. Be the first to open your eye of the heart.
Go to http://www.kapipal.com/norinebraun and order your copy now.

Well that's been the past couple of weeks working on the new album.
From my heart to yours much love,
Norine
Here it is! The final master of Conventus The Eye of the Heart  Adam producer and Norine artist August 16. 2013

No comments:

Blog Archive