Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Secret Passage


"Is not the poet bound to write his own biography? Is there any other work for him but a good journal?" Henry David Thoreau

My first ever documentary/video is the secret passage into life as a grass roots musician and has been released! "An entertaining and engaging look at "life on the road" for a working musician. Independent artist and musician, Norine Braun shares her heart and her humour with a refreshing honesty of what it's like to get the music out there in this DIY documentary". About 95% of the video was filmed this past year, mostly in the summer while touring. Check it out on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEZ19oNlk2Y

PLUS great news this morning!! I am super ecstatic to announce I have been nominated in 3 categories for the RightoutTV 2014 awards today! Lightning Strikes Twice for Best Spiritual/Blues/Jazz Song, Boy Best Lyric Video and I Found You for Best Folk/Roots/Country song and the fan fave award which is the only award you can vote for if you feel so inclined. Truly an honour and a joy to be among such great artists! This feels very auspicious on the day I launch my documentary! http://www.rightouttvawards.com/2014Nominees.html

We had so much fun at the first webcast that I booked another live webshow on Concert Window. The webcast starts at 8:30pm PST on Saturday October 25. Wherever you are in the world, you can tune in! I’ll be taking requests and answering your questions. You can purchase online tickets right now on a pay-what-you-want basis starting at only $1 athttp://www.concertwindow.com/shows/9477-norine-braun-from-my-laptop-to-yours.  It's really a great way to connect musically from a laptop. I hope you can join me! 
In addition to the music, these past few years I have been working on completing my Bachelor of General Studies degree online bit by bit. I am happy to say I attended my convocation at Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops last weekend. I feel young at heart and like I am just beginning with so much yet to do WOO HOO! 
With love and gratitude, Norine  B.G.S. 
www.norinebraun.com 
"Finding that beautiful space of unity between the body and mind can be a life-long journey, but for now we have Braun's newest release, Conventus The Eye Of The Heart"  -Unhinged Reviews

No comments:

Blog Archive