Sunday, November 20, 2016

Morning Prayer Video

Interesting synchronicity my Facebook feed showed this old memory of writing Morning Prayer as I was uploading the new music video to youtube. "Finished the first song for my new album this morning. The words and melody seemed to flow effortlessly however that doesn't mean it was easy. Emotionally I am feeling kind of drained its a tender song of what I thought was joy or gratitude but now seems more one of reverence or perhaps acknowledgement of a difficult path. I seem to be digging deeper within even though I am writing about someone else." For me this feeling was captured in recording with the amazing Adam Popowitz on lead ambient guitar, heartfelt Alice on synth for cello, sublime Malcolm Aiken on flugelhorn and I played the 12 string guitar and sang it. I hope you are transported by it.


No comments:

Blog Archive